Yellow Tulip 8 x 8

Dennis Crayon 8 x 8 Oil on Panel
Sold

I loved the light, the colors, and the transparency of the pedals. I was excited about trying to capture the shades of yellow, which are both delicate and strong at the same time. Tulips come up in the garden as one of the first signs of spring and warm weather. We all like new beginnings.

Right now as I sit in Washington DC I am snowed in for the 4th day in a row. Fresh flowers would be a real step in the right direction and a promise of better things ahead.

No comments:

As a painter of still lifes, I work in oils on both canvas and panels, using color and position to convey Modernist composition with a classical painting technique. Each of my paintings features extreme attention to detail, especially the effect of light as it hits objects. I recognize the value of craft in my painting and continually work on my technique and style.

I am an active member of Washington, D.C.’s artistic community.